Sunday 26 January 2014

Introduction

I suppose if I needed to answer a question as to why I am doing this, I might point to a sojourn of sorts, that through writing my thoughts I can perhaps exercise my appreciation of the written word and my need to maintain a semblance of sanity. I love the idea that I can explore myself and figure out where I stand in the world by writing my reactions to and thoughts on controversies, norms and nuances in the world

In the beginning, I started "meditating" on various issues surrounding the topics of pop culture, politics, religion and anything else worth having an opinion on in the world I live in. They all started with one of my best friends who shared with me an interest in seeing the world and taking it not just for face value but trying to apply a little common sense in the interpretation.

A few reminders, some of these are dated on current events from months ago, so chronologically speaking, they are very out of wack. No, I do not do this regularly, but typically these stem from what I read in newspapers or plastered across magazines. They all come to me in their own context and as such I am tracking down and editing whichever ones are on my old phone or lost in emails, so don't expect a perfect chronology of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment