Monday 17 November 2014

There's a comet orbiting Kim Kardashian's ass

According to the news, there was some big thing going on a few billion miles away with a comet and a probing or something, butt Kim Kardashian took off her clothes to get back to being famous and relevant again. She "broke the internet." I actually didn't see the full picture till everyone had had their fun with photoshop, but I can assure you I saw many of the mock-ups done by people trying to make fun of her. Under normal circumstances, I don't give much mind to it, but I enjoy the endless memes and "lulz" that come from such an occurrence.

What does bother me though, is that in all the marvel and wonder that went into landing a space probe on a comet, all I could really find was a large moon that used to give me reason to reach for some kleen-ex. I leave the rest of that image to your imagination.

I ask you to contemplate this; 10 years ago a probe was launched. This probe was to land on a comet that moves at roughly 40km a second. A SECOND. On the highway, at 110km per hour, you're barely going 0.03km a second. Yeah, this thing is moving over 1000 times faster than you at highway speeds, and how many times do you see people freak out moving at that pace while trying to make a lane change, let alone land on a freaking comet without becoming a cloud of debris.

The precision required to accomplish this using technology that is borderline ancient, it's 10 years old since we could not just upgrade its hardware while it was en route, is seemingly unimaginable to one such as I, and yet, all I can find is some worn out cheeks that have been photoshopped to Hell and back. As I hopped onto the internet that night to try to catch up on social media, it became evident that Kimmy's derriere had a greater impact on the internet than Philae did on the comet. What a heart break.

No comments:

Post a Comment